Monday 24 June 2013

Recent purchases

I've found it quite hard to find anything nice in the shops recently amongst the myriad of crop tops, maxi dresses in hideous patterns and high waisted skirts. My main gripe with these three items is that they just don't suit my body type... I don't have the belly for crop tops - besides, no-one wants to see a pasty white band of flesh, most geometric prints don't suit me and my wonderfully ample derriere grows to double the size in a high waisted pleather skirt (well ok, I tried a nice high waisted skirt on the other day which didn't look terrible BUT they're pretty much only appropriate when you have a crop top on, which brings me back to my first point).

Eventually I did manage to find a dress that I liked enough to try on and buy! Yay!

Here it is:



Isn't that gorgeous? £19.99 from New Look! It's so summery. Now we just need some sunshine so I can wear it.

In town at the same time I had a bit of a book splurge... I have a kindle so I don't normally buy books but occasionally I'll pop in to have a look and see if they have anything (some of the charity shops are cheaper to buy from than it is to download the same book onto my Paperwhite). On this occasion I found three books that I've been wanting to read for ages:


One of these books is actually going to be the star in an exciting new feature I'll be rolling out on both this blog and my other blog in about a weeks time - so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated x